It’s fall, and that means that Honeycrisp apples abound in the stores! We love Honeycrisps over here, they are so good! Darryl brought home about four pounds of them the other day, and I was thinking about this dip that my mom used to make for apple slices. I think that this was similar to her recipe. I remember eating a ton of that dip when she would make it. Yesterday was a really hectic day, and I wanted to make a quick snack. I had a craving for that dip, but I knew that her version did contain cream cheese, which is not an option for us. I decided that I would try to make it without the cream cheese, and it worked out really well!
If you are using a natural peanut butter, the oil will separate after it sits for a while, so you’ll have to give it a stir again. If you use traditional peanut butter, you shouldn’t have a problem! This dip is somewhat sweet, but not too sweet. I think it goes really well with apples that are a little bit tart.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Cream peanut butter and brown sugar with mixer. Add almond milk and beat until combined.
- Serve with slices of your favorite apples!
Inspired by my mom’s recipe, similar to this one.
What’s your favorite variety of apple? And what’s your favorite way to eat them?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017