Today I’m happy to introduce you to Ashley of Bow+Arrow Art. I “met” Ashley when we were paired together for a swap a year or so ago. She is super sweet and has so many good gluten free recipes over on her cute blog. I especially want to try these Fresh Herb Quinoa Patties, and this Vanilla Cake, and these Chocolate Chip Scones.
Hi ‘Pretty Bee’ fans!! I’m so excited to be here! Thanks for sharing your fabulous space with me, Kelly. My name is Ashley and I blog over here. Mostly I post about my cuties (of the husband, daughter and pug varieties) but I also love to share my gluten free + vegan recipes. I LOVE to bake so I’m super pumped for all of these amazing gluten free Christmas recipes!
Ok enough chit chat.
Let’s get to the delicious details!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Molasses Cookies.
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery spread regular butter is fine, too
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 Tablespoon non dairy cream cheese Daiya cream cheese is my preference
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour Ashley recommends her mix: equal parts tapioca starch rice flour, sorghum, potato starch)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum if you’re using gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- extra sugar for rolling
Mix together the vegan buttery spread, sugar, pumpkin puree, molasses, dairy free cream cheese, and vanilla extract with your electric mixer.
Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until combined.
Refrigerate dough for about an hour to let it firm up a bit.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
Roll the chilled dough into small balls and roll in the extra sugar. Place the dough balls on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Thanks so much, Ashley! These look amazing and I can’t wait to try them! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us today.