Cranberry almond steel cut oatmeal is a great gift to make and give this holiday season!
It’s getting to be that time of year again! Time to think about the treats and crafts that we’re going to make and share with our family and friends. I love Christmas crafting and baking, and I love giving the gift of food, and if it can be made a little bit healthier and packaged up in a cute way, well, that’s even better in my book!
I was thinking about gifts in jars, and I realized that a nice warm breakfast on a cold winter morning would be a welcome gift. So I made up a recipe for Cranberry Almond Steel Cut Oatmeal. It couldn’t be any easier…steel cut oats, cinnamon, cranberries, almonds, and ground flax seed layered in a jar, tied up with some twine and labeled with these free printable labels I made. Gift giving made easy and healthy and tasty!
Cranberry Almond Steel Cut Oatmeal - Gift in a Jar.
- 1 1/2 cups certified gluten free steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon flax seed
- 1/ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoon sliced almonds or sunflower seeds
- 3 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- Layer ingredients in a pint size glass jar.
- This is what is printed on the tag: Cozy Steel Cut Oats
- To make entire jar, bring 4.5 cups of water to a boil.
- Add contents of jar and stir. Reduce heat and cook for 10-20 minutes depending on how chewy you like your oats.
These cranberry almond steel cut oats are really yummy just the way they are, but would also be yummy topped with butter and brown sugar, or some yogurt.
Do you make jarred gifts for the holidays? What do you make?