What’s better than pancakes on the weekend?
Pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes are better. And they’re vegan, so even better still, right?
I know it’s not even Labor Day, but last weekend we were making pancakes (as we always do), and I had a can of pumpkin in the cupboard, and it was kind of chilly, and I thought, oh, why not?
Turns out it was a good decision…the boys are always happy with chocolate chip pancakes, but they were extra pleased with the chocolate chip pumpkin combination. I have never seen pancakes disappear so quickly. And then a request was made to make sure that the leftovers lasted until the next day because, “I’m going to want to eat more as soon as I wake up.”
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour all-purpose flour is okay, too
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- vegan buttery spread for frying
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
Add the pumpkin puree, canola oil, non-dairy milk, and chocolate chips. Stir well. Set aside.
Place a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a large skillet, and turn the burner to medium heat.
Once the buttery spread is sizzling, spoon the batter into the pan, making the pancakes about four inches in diameter.
When the edges of the pancakes look cooked, flip them over. It may take about three minutes on each side as these are very moist due to the pumpkin. When the pancakes are golden brown on each side, remove from the pan and repeat with remaining batter
Serve with buttery spread and maple syrup or cinnamon sugar.
Have you made anything with pumpkin yet?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simple Macaroni Salad Recipe Without Mayo. - June 22, 2017
- Chocolate Sunbutter Cup Ice Cream Bars. - June 19, 2017
- Chicken Meatballs with Zoodles (Gluten and Egg Free). - June 12, 2017