Chewy and full of flavor, these pumpkin oatmeal breakfast cookies are a great way to start your morning! Hearty gluten free breakfast cookies are loaded with seeds, dried fruit, chocolate, and spices. These comforting treats are just right with a cup of coffee or tea.
Are you a cookies for breakfast kind of person? I am!
It really doesn’t matter if they are labeled “breakfast cookies” or not, I’m definitely okay with cookies for breakfast along with my tea. Of course, I’m also okay with delicious breakfast bars, gluten free muffins, or chocolate chip banana pancakes. If it’s sweet and goes with hot tea, you can count me in!
Whenever you decide to eat these cookies, they are delicious! Dessert, breakfast, an after workout snack – these are perfect just about anytime.
These are slightly lower in sugar, plus they contain healthier ingredients like pumpkin puree, pumpkin seeds, ground flax seed, and lots of oats. These are hearty and filling cookies!
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – I used Namaste Perfect Flour Blend for these pumpkin oatmeal breakfast cookies, and the texture is just right – chewy and perfect. If you are not gluten free, you can use regular all purpose flour.
- Pumpkin Seeds – Super Seedz is a nut free brand of pumpkin seeds, or you can order all kinds of dried fruit and seeds that are manufactured in an allergy free facility at Gerbs Allergy Friendly Foods.
- Certified Gluten Free Oats – Make sure to check the label on the oats you use – they do need to say “certified gluten free.” You can usually find these at a grocery store or health food store. I like to use GF Harvest brand oats on Amazon, because then are made in a nut free facility.
- You can use different mix ins if you prefer. If you prefer raisins, or sunflower seeds, or coconut, go ahead and add that instead!
- If you can’t eat pumpkin, I think these would be good if you used some unsweetened applesauce, or mashed banana in place of the pumpkin.
You can store these in an airtight container and they should stay fresh for up to 5 days. Consider adding a piece of gluten free bread to the container so that they stay moist.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies.
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 Tablespoon golden ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups certified gluten free oats
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the sugars and vegan buttery spread in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and molasses and continue to mix until smooth.
- Add the gluten free flour blend, ground flax seed, baking soda, salt, and spices, and mix on low speed.
- Add the gluten free oats and stir by hand.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips and stir by hand.
- Drop the dough onto the cookie sheets, leaving about 1.5 inches between each cookie. You should have 12 cookies on each cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheets before moving.