These little banana almond meal muffins are grain free and vegan, and just right for an easy breakfast or snack.
Well, once again our freezer was overflowing with brown bananas, so once again I had to bake something banana-y.
This is a recurring problem for us. We buy bananas, and then we don’t eat them all, so I stick them in the freezer for baking. Then I forget about them, and they just start piling up. Plus there was that one time when we read about spider eggs on bananas and freaked out and just stuck the whole bunch of bananas in the freezer right away as a precaution. (What? Try reading that article and then thinking about eating a banana! It wasn’t going to happen. Might as well freeze them. Maybe that would kill the spider eggs, too? Who knows).
Anyway, these little banana almond meal muffins are super easy to make. Just one bowl, and only five ingredients. They are super moist from the spidery ripe banana, and the coconut oil adds a nice hint of coconut flavor. And what’s a mini muffin without mini chocolate chips?
Go grab an over ripe banana and make these this weekend!
These banana almond meal muffins are:
- gluten free, grain free, and vegan
- perfect for breakfast or a snack
- sweet and delicious
Banana Almond Meal Muffins - Grain Free, Vegan.
These delicious banana almond meal muffins are grain free and vegan! Only 5 ingredients needed to make these tasty treats.
- 1/8 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 ripe banana mine was was about a heaping quarter cup measure
- 1/4 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mash the over ripe banana with a fork.
- Add the coconut oil, sugar, and almond meal. Mix together.
- Add the mini chocolate chips. Stir.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely before eating.
- Makes 12 mini muffins.
Have a happy weekend!