These peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip bars are just right for dessert or even breakfast! Vegan and gluten free.
I can’t believe that this weekend is Memorial Day weekend! Somehow I was confused and thought that it was the following weekend. Do you have plans? Barbecue plans, or picnic plans? If you need something to bring to a picnic, might I suggest these peanut butter bars?
Peanut butter, chocolate chips, and oats. That’s the winning Kelly combination…the perfect dessert combo that I fall back on again and again. Can you blame me? These peanut butter chocolate chip bars are soft, super peanut buttery, a little bit healthier (maple syrup, not sugar!) and full of chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper so that there is an overhang on both sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground flax seed and the water. Let sit for a few minutes until it forms a gel.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup and stir well. Add the gluten free oats, gluten free flour blend, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-29 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool completely, then use the parchment paper to remove them from the pan. Slice into squares. Melt the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and spoon into a pastry bag or a ziploc bag with the corner cut off. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the sliced bars.
These peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip bars need to be completely cool before you cut them into squares. If you try to cut into them when warm, they will be crumbly. Ask me how I know. ;)
You can definitely use regular flour and oats in these if you are not gluten free. I used King Arthur Multi Purpose Gluten Free Flour (affiliate link) but I think that most gluten free blends would work well, since it is a fairly small amount of flour for the entire recipe.
What dessert combination do you come back to again and again?