Banana coconut granola is a perfect way to start your day! This granola recipe is buttery, delicious, and easy to make!
The other day I was thinking about a cereal I used to buy – it was a banana nut granola and it was delicious. I stopped eating it because it contained wheat, dairy, and nuts. I loved how that granola tasted though, and I wondered if I could make something similar that was allergy free.
And the answer is…yes! I did make something that was very similar in taste, but without any of the top allergens. This banana coconut granola reminds me of a banana muffin, but in cereal form.
- Banana – The key to the awesome banana flavor is using an over ripe banana that you have stored in your freezer. (Do you store your brown bananas in the freezer so that you always have some on hand for banana bread?) Once you thaw the banana, it will be super mushy and juicy and sweet. That over ripe sweetness is really important to the flavor of this granola.
- Oats – If you are on a gluten free diet, you will need to use certified gluten free oats. There are many brands of certified gluten free oats available. I use GF Harvest Oats, which are available on Amazon.
- Maple Syrup – I like maple syrup in this recipe, but you could also use honey or agave syrup.
- You can use coconut oil in place of the soy free vegan buttery spread, but it will have a stronger coconut flavor.
- If you are able to eat nuts, you can definitely add them to this recipe. Just mix them in with all the other dry ingredients and bake as directed.
- If you can’t have coconut, just leave it out and substitute some extra gluten free oats.
Store leftover granola in an airtight container or ziploc bag. It should stay fresh for about 5-6 days.
More Granola Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Banana Coconut Granola.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the gluten free oats, unsweetened coconut flakes, gluten free flour blend, and salt. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread granola on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 275 degrees F for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Stir the granola every 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.