Chewy pumpkin spice molasses cookies are perfectly spiced and so delicious! Enjoy these with your cup of coffee or tea this fall.
Is there a dessert or treat that you realllly missed when you went gluten free?
For me, that treat was a molasses cookie from Starbucks. Those cookies were perfectly chewy and spicy, and I loved them.
Well, I’ve come up with a delicious substitution for those Starbucks treats – these gluten free pumpkin spice molasses cookies.
These pumpkin spice molasses cookies are my new favorite fall treat. They are soft, chewy, and so perfect with tea or hot cider.
The best part is, these cookies work really well with many brands of gluten free flour. This time, I made them with the Namaste Perfect Flour blend, and the recipe yielded very chewy, soft cookies that my kids loved.
How to make gluten free pumpkin spice molasses cookies:
- Mix your ingredients.
- Roll the dough into balls, and roll those in a bowl of granulated sugar.
- Place the sugar-coated balls on a baking sheet. Flatten slightly with your hand.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool before eating.
See the video below for how to make these gluten free vegan cookies!
What makes gluten free cookies dry, or gummy, or hard?
Different gluten free flours absorb more or less liquid than others. If you follow this recipe and the dough seems unusually wet or dry, you can add a little more pumpkin puree, or more flour if the dough is too wet.
If your gluten free baked goods are turning out hard or tough, you may be over-mixing the dough. Just mix until combined so the dough doesn’t get tough.
If you make these cookies, or any of my recipes, please share on Instagram, and tag me @prettybeeblog. I love to see what you’ve been baking!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chewy Pumpkin Spice Molasses Cookies (Gluten Free, Vegan).
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend Namaste Perfect Flour Blend works well
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ⅛ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 ¾ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the vegan buttery spread and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the molasses, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time while mixing together on low speed.
- Pour a few tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Form balls of dough about one inch in diameter and roll in the sugar. Place the balls on the lined cookie sheets and flatten them slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Makes about 24 cookies.
This recipe was originally published in October 2015. It has been updated with new photos and text.