Refined sugar free chocolate muffins are a yummy sweet treat to enjoy as a snack or dessert! These moist, delicious, chocolate treats are gluten free, dairy free, and allergy friendly!
There’s nothing like homemade baked goods – fresh, warm from the oven muffins, cake, or cookies fill up little tummies and make our families feel loved.
Maybe you love baking, but would like to find some recipes that aren’t so sugar-laden. I hear you! It’s always nice when you can sweeten desserts with fruit or natural sugars. That’s where these refined sugar free chocolate muffins come in.
These chocolate muffins have the richness of chocolate cake, but without a cup full of refined sugar. They are tender, rich, and chocolatey.
- gluten free flour blend
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- baking powder
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Banana – When using bananas to sweeten a recipe, the riper the banana, the better! Use bananas that have lots of brown spots, or use the bananas that you stuck in the freezer because they were too ripe. The natural sweetness of these bananas make these muffins extra delicious.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – You can use a store bought gluten free mix for this recipe, or you can try my own gluten free blend.
- Maple Syrup – I like the flavor of maple syrup in this recipe. You could also use honey or agave syrup if you prefer.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Most brands of dairy free chocolate chips have added sugar, so you can leave these out if you like.
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container. They should stay fresh for about 4 days.
You can freeze these muffins if you like – just store in a freezer bag. They should stay fresh in the freezer for about 3 months.
More Chocolate Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Muffins.
- ¾ cup gluten free flour blend blends like Namaste, Now Foods, or Gluten Free 123 will work well
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅜ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil measure when solid, then melt in the microwave
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 8 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Mash the banana with a fork, then add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, vinegar, and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Add the gluten free flour blend, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir well. If the batter seems too dry, add a little water.
- Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.