Refined sugar free chocolate muffins are a yummy sweet treat to enjoy as a snack or dessert! These are gluten free, dairy free, and allergy friendly!
There’s nothing like homemade baked goods – fresh, warm from the oven muffins, cake, or cookies fill up little tummies and make our families feel loved.
Maybe you love baking, but would like to find some recipes that aren’t so sugar-laden. I hear you! It’s always nice when you can sweeten desserts with fruit or natural sugars. That’s where these refined sugar free chocolate muffins come in.
These chocolate muffins have the richness of chocolate cake, but without a cup full of refined sugar. They are tender, rich, and chocolatey.
When using bananas to sweeten a recipe, the riper the banana, the better! Use bananas that have lots of brown spots, or use the bananas that you stuck in the freezer because they were too ripe.
These refined sugar free banana muffins are:
- gluten free, egg free, and top 8 allergen free
- the perfect treat to pack in lunches
- a great way to use up over ripe bananas
Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Muffins.
These chocolate muffins are refined sugar free, gluten free, and allergy friendly!
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend blends like King Arthur, Now Foods, or Enjoy Life will work well
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil measure when solid, then melt in the microwave
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place 8 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
Mash the banana with a fork, then add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, vinegar, and maple syrup. Mix well.
Add the gluten free flour blend, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir well. If the batter seems too dry, add a little water.
Stir in chocolate chips if using.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Dairy Free Buttercream Frosting. - October 14, 2017
- Easy Dairy Free Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten Free, Vegan). - October 9, 2017
- Red Pepper White Bean Dip. - October 3, 2017