Oh my word, it’s Tuesday! I’m not going to lie, I feel frazzled already. I don’t know why, it just feels like I need to open this house up and air it out, and let these boys run around the yard for a while in the sunshine. That would make things better. We’d need it to be about 50 degrees warmer for that to happen, but I think it would really help…
We had a special breakfast as a treat over the weekend. It was bitterly cold, and I decided to make a big batch of biscuits and whipped strawberry butter. I always use this biscuit recipe from The Minimalist Baker, and I do use white spelt flour, and they turn out really well every time. Making flavored butter is something I like to do that’s easy and makes everything seem a little bit fancier. For Thanksgiving I made two flavored butters – a garlic herb blend, and a cranberry walnut version, too. They were so good! I have never seen butter disappear that quickly. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the ones that are the tastiest, right?
This one is so super easy, and you probably could do it with any kind of berry. Of course I used vegan buttery spread, but regular butter works just as well!
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread (or use regular butter if desired)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 strawberries, finely chopped
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium-high speed until incorporated and the butter turns a pretty pink shade.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Doesn’t that pink color just say spring?
Have you made any flavored butters before?
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017