Nothing says spring like warmer weather and ice cream desserts, am I right?
We love ice cream around here, and are so thankful that there are so many great dairy free options available now! Our favorite is coconut milk ice cream. I love coconut anything, and ice cream is no exception. This recipe is an easy and tasty treat that’s perfect for spring or summer. The brownie “crust” is made with almond meal and flax seed meal, so it is grain free. You can top these with whatever berries you like. I love blackberries, but I think strawberries would be nice as well. If you don’t like berries, crushed nuts or chocolate chips would also work.
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed + 6 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup SO Delicious Original Almond Plus Milk
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1 pint of SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert, Vanilla Bean Flavor, softened
- fresh blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, make the flax seed egg replacers. Combine the ground flax seed and water, and let it sit for five minutes until it forms a gel.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened vegan buttery spread and the brown sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add the flax seed egg replacers and almond milk and mix.
- Add the almond meal, cocoa powder, and pinch of salt and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the 12 muffin liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely. Once completely cool, top each brownie with softened SO Delicious Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert.
- Place ice cream bites back in the freezer to firm up for a few minutes.*
- Remove paper before serving, and place berries on top of ice cream.
- *If you choose to freeze the ice cream bites for a longer period, you will need to let them soften at room temperature for several minutes before serving, as the frozen brownie will be too hard to eat.