Once in a while I get to the point where I feel like I am cooking all the things all the time. You know what I mean? I know it’s because we have some food allergies to deal with, so we can’t fall back on a lot of eating out or convenience foods (although I do like to get Chipotle for dinner now and then, and a new one just opened up even closer to us – yay!)
I was kind of tired of cooking a couple of weeks ago, so I just made a giant bowl of one of my favorite pasta salads. I feel like pasta salad is the perfect summer meal – you can make a big batch, it keeps for a few days, you can eat it for lunch or dinner, and it’s very satisfying. This salad has a great variety of flavors – savory from the chicken, avocado, and dill, and a little bit of sweet from the red grapes. The grapes plus dill might sound like a weird combo, but I promise it’s really good.
- 4 cups cooked gluten free macaroni
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (you can use a rotisserie chicken for convenience)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1½ cups red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup dairy free mayonnaise
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Put the cooked macaroni, chicken, onion, and grapes in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the avocado, almond milk, mayo, dill, salt, and pepper in a blender, and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the other ingredients, and mix together to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
That’s all I’ve got for today, gang. I’m really wiped out from the weekend…we had some gigs and spent some time running errands. Then our garage door opener broke, and now has to be replaced. Also for some reason we had a large amount of flies in our house on Saturday. So gross!
So I’m just going to pretend that Monday and Tuesday are the weekend. That’ll work, right?
Linking up to some of these parties.