A twist on normal chicken salad, this chicken avocado dill pasta salad is full of flavor! Healthy, hearty, and just right for a party.
Once in a while I get to the point where I feel like I am cooking all the things all the time. You know what I mean? I know it’s because we have some food allergies to deal with, so we can’t fall back on a lot of eating out or convenience foods (although I do like to get Chipotle for dinner now and then, and a new one just opened up even closer to us – yay!)
I was kind of tired of cooking a couple of weeks ago, so I just made a giant bowl of one of my favorite pasta salads – this chicken avocado dill pasta salad.
I feel like pasta salad is the perfect summer meal – you can make a big batch, it keeps for a few days, you can eat it for lunch or dinner, and it’s very satisfying. This pasta salad has a great variety of flavors – savory from the chicken, avocado, and dill, and a little bit of sweet from the red grapes. The grapes plus dill might sound like a weird combo, but I promise it’s really good.
Chicken Avocado Dill Pasta Salad.
- 4 cups gluten free macaroni cooked and cooled
- 3 cups cooked chicken you can use a rotisserie chicken for convenience, shredded
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes sliced in half
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Put the cooked macaroni, chicken, onion, and grapes in a large bowl. Set aside.
Place the avocado, non-dairy milk, mayo, dill, salt, and pepper in a blender, and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the other ingredients, and mix together to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you’re a fan of pasta salads, you might want to try this Southwest Pasta Salad. It’s a real crowd-pleaser – just right for your next party or picnic!