Snickerdoodle cupcakes are the perfect way to combine two favorite treats – snickerdoodle cookies and delicious cupcakes! These treats are just right for any celebration!
So you know how my “real” job is a violinist, right? (I mean after being a mom and a wife, which are my real “real” jobs, and are 24/7).
Anyway, I am often hired to play for various concerts at different venues, and sometimes I play in an orchestra that accompanies famous singers and groups. A few weeks ago, I was playing with an orchestra for Il Volo at an outdoor concert venue. I had actually never heard of Il Volo before, so I had no idea that the venue would be sold out and filled with screaming fan girls. It was so crazy…they were literally screaming whenever these boys would talk or start singing a new song. The girls (and their moms! Yikes.) in the front row were trying to touch these guys any chance they could get. I’ve never seen so many outstretched arms, or heard so many shrieks. It was ridiculous. At one point during the craziness, I just looked at my stand partner and said, “People are so embarrassing.” She agreed.
What does this have to do with snickerdoodle cupcakes?
Umm…good question. If these snickerdoodle cupcakes were musicians, I would be their #1 fan. Does that work?
As I’ve mentioned, Baby Bee hates chocolate. So weird. I decided to make these cupcakes not chocolate just for him, and I thought snickerdoodle cupcakes would be fun. These were super delicious. The cupcakes are cinnamon-y, and the frosting is buttery and creamy and sweet. A match made in heaven. Just like Il Volo and their insane fan girls. ;)
- 1½ cups white spelt flour (or all-purpose flour)
- ¾ cups coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cold water
- ½ cup organic canola oil
- 2½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread
- 2¾ cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-3 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
- cinnamon for top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Put the dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk to blend. Add the wet ingredients and beat with a mixer on medium speed.
- Fill each muffin cup about two thirds full with batter.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until cupcakes have risen and are golden brown.
- Let fully cool on cooling rack before frosting.
- Make the frosting: Whip the vegan buttery spread on medium speed. Add the powdered sugar and one tablespoon of non-dairy milk and continue to blend together. If the frosting is too thick, add a little more milk until the desired thickness is reached.
- Frost the cupcakes and dust with cinnamon.
These snickerdoodle cupcakes are:
- spiced with cinnamon
- topped with a creamy vanilla frosting
- perfect warm from the oven
- the ideal cupcake for a celebration!
Have you ever been to a crazy concert?
If you make these cupcakes, let me know! I hope you enjoy them!