This garlic dill green bean salad is full of fresh flavor and color! Red onions, tomatoes, chickpeas, and a delicious dressing make this salad a delicious side dish!
It’s the 21st! That means it’s time for another Recipe Redux challenge. This month’s theme is Two for One – cooking once and eating twice. We were asked to take a recipe that we’ve already shared and show how it could be made into a second meal.
I decided to take my recipe for garlic dill green beans and add tomatoes, red onion, chickpeas, and a dill dressing to make a colorful side dish that’s just right for the spring season. Once the weather warms up I just want all my meals to be super colorful and vibrant, you know?
I would recommend making a double batch of the garlic green beans if you are planning to enjoy them plain one night and then use the leftovers as the base of this salad. Mostly because when I make those green beans, we pretty much eat them all, so then you would not have any left to put in the salad! If you are just going to jump right in and make this salad, make a single batch of the green beans.
Find the garlic dill green bean recipe HERE.
- one batch garlic dill green beans
- half of a red onion, sliced thin
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ teaspoon pepper
- large flake sea salt if desired
- Make the dressing: In a jar with a lid, combine the olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, dill. sea salt, and pepper. Shake well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the prepared garlic dill green beans, red onion, tomatoes, and chickpeas. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and serve.
- Sprinkle a little large flake sea salt on top if desired.
Be sure to check out the other Two for One recipes below!
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017