Happy day before Halloween! Here it is, the eleventh hour, and I am just now getting around to posting a candy recipe. Oh well, better late than never, right?
I made homemade
Nestle crunch bars! But with dark chocolate, so even better than the original (if I do say so myself). :)
These are just a little too easy…I may have to hide the recipe from myself so that I don’t go overboard.
A few months ago I found Melissa’s recipe for three ingredient chocolate bars and I was intrigued. And then I made them, and I was excited! Easy to make, delicious, dark chocolate you can make at home? Sorcery!
And then recently I discovered Back-to-Nature Crispy Rice cereal and knew that I had to make some crunch bars. I bought this handy candy bar mold, (affiliate link) and that was the end of that! Crunch bars all around.
Now, this chocolate does get a little melty, so you definitely need to store it in the refrigerator. And you also need to make sure that little hands aren’t just holding on to pieces of it until it is a melty mess. :) I love how easy it is to make these neat looking bars – the silicone really works so well to mold the chocolate, and it’s super easy to remove it once it has hardened.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (measure it after it has melted - if you start with a scant ¼ cup of solid coconut oil, that should be about right)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2¼ Tablespoons agave syrup
- ¼ cup crispy rice cereal
- Combine the melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and agave syrup. Stir well until smooth.
- Stir in the crispy rice cereal. If the mixture is still warm from the melted coconut oil, let it cool to room temperature before moving on to the next step.
- Spoon the mixture into chocolate bar molds. Smooth it out with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the refrigerator for about an hour or until firm.
- Pop the bars out of the molds and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.
Lightly adapted from My Whole Food Life.
Linking up to some of these parties.
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017