These beef and broccoli teriyaki noodle bowls are so easy to make, and a great alternative to take out!
Mmm…we made the best beefy broccoli teriyaki noodle bowls the other night! I was in a P.F. Chang’s kind of mood, but didn’t want to bother with ordering and going to pick it up, so we made our own awesome teriyaki beef dinner. It was so good.
These beef and broccoli teriyaki noodle bowls were pretty easy and quick to put together.
You just need to soak the rice noodles ahead of time. If you haven’t used rice noodles before, it can be a little tricky getting them to turn out right. After struggling for years with rice noodles, I finally have a system that works for me so that they don’t get all sticky and starchy. Here’s what I do: I pour water in a bowl, and microwave it until it’s very hot. Then I submerge the rice noodles in the hot water and let them soak for about 45 minutes. Right before I’m ready to add them to the recipe, I microwave the noodles in the water for three minutes. Then I add them to the pan with the meat, veggies, and sauce. I know there are other methods of preparing rice noodles, but this way works for me, and they are perfectly delicious every time!
I also recently discovered a gluten free teriyaki sauce that I LOVE. This sauce by San-J is so good. It has a great flavor, and I don’t feel that it’s too salty, which is often the case with bottled sauces.
Beef and Broccoli Teriyaki Noodle Bowls.
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles rice sticks
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 pounds skirt steak sliced thin against the grain
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup gluten free teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fill a large bowl with water, and microwave it until the water is very hot, about 3 minutes. Remove bowl from microwave and submerge the rice noodles in the water. Let soak for about 45 minutes.
- Once the noodles have been soaking for 30 minutes, start to prepare the beef:
- In a large skillet, saute the sliced onions and the beef over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until done. Combine the gluten free teriyaki sauce, the tamari sauce, the ginger, and the red pepper flakes in a small bowl, and whisk together. Pour the sauce into the skillet. Stir well.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet.
- Microwave the noodles in water for 2-3 minutes. Drain. Add the noodles to the skillet with the broccoli, beef, and sauce. Stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.
That’s all there is to it! You just have to plan ahead a little bit in order to soak the rice noodles, but otherwise this is a pretty quick dinner to make!
These beef and broccoli teriyaki noodle bowls are:
- gluten free
- a great alternative to take out
- full of flavor
- a family friendly meal!
What are you eating for dinner these days?