These black bean cupcakes are so yummy, and you can’t even taste all the good for you fiber and protein from the black beans! I made these for my son and he loved them. No complaints about these cupcakes, and I love that they are a little bit healthier for him.
I slightly adapted this recipe from my old college friend. I’m so happy she shared it with me!
I think you’ll love these chocolate black bean cupcakes. They’re:
- tender and moist
- easy to make
- full of rich chocolate flavor, but also a little healthier
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Black Bean Cupcakes.
For the cupcakes:
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 ¼ cups organic cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces black beans drained, rinsed and pureed
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend I like Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Blend, or King Arthur's Multi Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Mix butter, sugar and eggs for 3 minutes on high with until thick and creamy.
- Fold vanilla extract into pureed beans. In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, gluten free flour blend and baking powder.
- Add egg mixture into beans then fold flour mixture into beans a little at a time. Add the chocolate chips, and stir well. Fill cupcake liners about ⅔ full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Make the cream cheese frosting:
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar and salt, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Top each cupcake with a swirl of frosting and enjoy! If you don't eat them right away, they do need to go in the refrigerator because of the cream cheese frosting.