This gluten free banana bread is loaded with rich dark chocolate chunks, making it extra decadent. Enjoy a thick slice with a cup of tea or coffee. You’ll love the flavor and texture of this delicious gluten free and dairy free loaf.
What’s better on a chilly day than a warm loaf of banana bread?
A warm loaf of gluten free banana bread loaded with chocolate chunks.
It’s the perfect treat to enjoy on a cold afternoon. Sit down with a cup of tea, and enjoy this melty, chocolatey, delicious gluten free banana bread.
This loaf has a great texture and flavor. I love to store over ripe bananas in the freezer and then use them to bake banana bread or banana cake.
What type of flour is best for making gluten free banana bread?
I like to use Namaste Perfect Flour Blend – it works well every time, and produces a great loaf that holds its shape and slices really well. If you have a brand of gluten free flour that you prefer, you are welcome to try that! It may work just fine. If you try a grain free flour, like almond or coconut, the loaf will be denser, and it will probably not rise as high.
Can this recipe for banana bread be made without eggs?
Yes, if you wish to make this loaf egg free, you can make two flax seed egg replacers and add them to the batter instead of regular eggs.
I have made this recipe with actual eggs and with flax eggs, and it does work well both ways!
You can also use this batter to make muffins if you prefer! Just keep an eye on them while baking. They will probably take about 21-24 minutes or so to bake.
Tip: Let this loaf cool before attempting to slice it. Gluten free baked goods can be more fragile than regular baked goods. If you try to slice into it when it’s too hot, you will have messy slices that crumble.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Banana Bread With Chocolate Chunks
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend or regular flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup organic canola oil or melted vegan buttery spread
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas VERY ripe - mashed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dairy free chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed optional
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the organic canola oil and sugar. Stir in the mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, flax seed (if using), and chocolate chunks. Stir. Sprinkle a few chocolate chunks on top.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about an hour, then remove the loaf from the pan and let cool further on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from the Namaste Perfect Flour blend package.