An easy s’mores ice cream pie is a sweet ending for a summer barbecue! This version is gluten free, dairy free, and allergy friendly!
Is there anything more summery than s’mores? How about a s’mores ice cream pie?
My sons love s’mores and love ice cream, so I made a little s’mores ice cream pie the other day. So easy to make, just a simple graham cracker crust, some ice cream, melted chocolate, and some marshmallows on top.
It’s the perfect combination of two delicious summer desserts. This ice cream pie won’t last long!
The thing that’s great about this ice cream dessert is that it’s so easy to customize it according to your dietary needs.
I made ours to be gluten free and dairy free by using SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream and Kinnikinnick Smoreables Graham Crackers. It’s very easy to make yours to suit your own needs and preferences! I know that Nabisco Original Grahams are vegan, if you’re looking for graham crackers made without honey.
Another alternative for allergy friendly graham crackers would be to use Enjoy Life Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies.
If you aren’t dairy free, you can use dairy ice cream, dairy butter, and regular chocolate chips. The recipe will still turn out well!
I made this s’mores ice cream pie in an 8 inch cast iron skillet so that it would be safe to put under the broiler. It made about six servings in that smaller size skillet.
How do you make s’mores ice cream pie?
You’ll make a simple graham cracker crust, and layer it with dairy free ice cream, melted chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows. A minute under the broiler to toast the marshmallows, and boom! All done.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Easy S'mores Ice Cream Pie.
- 9 graham crackers we used Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Grahams
- ⅓ cup vegan buttery spread melted
- 1 pint dairy free vanilla ice cream softened
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Crush the graham crackers into crumbs. I did this by putting them in a food processor. You could also place them in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and the vegan buttery spread until combined.
- Press the crust mixture in the bottom of an 8 inch cast iron skillet.
- Spread the softened ice cream on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Place the skillet in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up the ice cream.
- Microwave the dairy free chocolate chips for 60 seconds. Stir, then microwave in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the ice cream layer.
- Turn broiler on. Put the mini marshmallows on top of the melted chocolate. Place the skillet under the broiler and watch carefully. Once the marshmallows are golden brown - about one minute or so, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
This post was originally published in August 2014. It’s been updated with a new recipe and photos.
More ice cream dessert recipes: