No-bake frozen chocolate chip ice cream pie is made with dairy free ice cream and cookie crumbs. This simple summer dessert is just right for a summer party.
Whether it’s summertime or the holiday season, it’s nice to have a reason to get together. And it’s nice to have a simple menu that you can prepare that won’t take too much time.
Desserts are one menu item that usually work out okay if you make them the night before. A chocolate and vanilla ice cream pie is a great choice for the warm summer weather. This simple pie is free of the top 8 allergens and made with ingredients you can find in many grocery stores.
Dairy Free Ice Cream
I used So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream in two flavors – chocolate and vanilla bean. If you have a different dairy free ice cream that you would prefer to use, that would be fine! You could use different flavors, a different brand, try homemade banana ice cream in this recipe – there are a lot of possibilities!
Cookie Crumb Crust
There are lots of options for making a gluten free cookie crumb crust. Enjoy Life makes crunchy cookies that work very well for making a crust. I used the chocolate variety, but the sugar cookies or the honey graham cookies would also work very well.
You can use gluten free graham crackers to make a crust, like in this vegan banana cream pie recipe.
- Dairy Free White Chocolate Chips – Try adding some white chocolate chips to the top of this dessert.
- Berries – You can add some raspberries or blueberries to the top of this pie to add some color.
- Hot Fudge – A drizzle of hot fudge is a nice finishing touch on an ice cream dessert. Add some sunbutter to the fudge, or any nut or seed butter for more flavor.
To keep things really easy, I recommend using a spring form pan for this dessert. That way once it’s frozen, you can just pop off the sides and slice the pie neatly. No sticking like you would have in a normal pie dish. I also found that using a pizza cutter helped me make nice clean cuts for a pretty presentation.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie.
For the crust:
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free cookie crumbs I used Enjoy Life chocolate cookies
- 4 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread melted
For the filling:
- 1 pint dairy free vanilla ice cream softened (I used So Delicious coconut milk ice cream)
- 1 pint dairy free chocolate ice cream softened
- ¾ cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Place the cookies in the food processor and pulse unto they are finely ground.
- Add the melted vegan buttery spread and pulse a few times until combined.
- Press the crust mixture in the bottom of an 8 inch spring form pan. Press with a piece of waxed paper until it is smooth and covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Spread the pint of chocolate ice cream over the crust. Sprinkle half of the dairy free chocolate chips on top.
- Spread the pint of the vanilla ice cream on top of the chips and spread around until smooth.
- Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Place in the freezer for at least two hours before serving.
- Remove the sides of the spring form pan and cut into slices using a pizza cutter. Enjoy!