These little no-bake cookies and cream ice cream pies are a favorite easy summer treat! This version is dairy free and gluten free, too! Make these in minutes, and enjoy!
It’s hard to believe, but we are approaching the time of year when I don’t want to turn on my oven. It will be hot and humid, and just not the right weather to fire up the oven.
But, there are still occasions where we just want a treat. Of course we often get our sugar rush from s’mores around the fire pit at night, or from a batch of yummy homemade vegan chocolate ice cream.
This recipe for mini cookies and cream ice cream pies is even easier than homemade ice cream. With a few simple allergy friendly ingredients, you can make these decadent frozen treats in no time at all!
What brand of chocolate sandwich cookies is allergy friendly?
Since everyone has different food allergies or dietary needs, I can’t tell you what brand is safe for you. But some brands to look into would be Kinnikinnick or Glutino for gluten free options, and regular Oreos or Back to Nature brand. If none of those work for you, you could also use Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies, or even make your own allergy friendly chocolate sandwich cookies.
What brand of dairy free ice cream should I use in this recipe?
Any brand of ice cream that works for your dietary needs will work well in this recipe. I used vanilla So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream, but you could use chocolate or a different flavor if you choose.
How do you make mini cookies and cream ice cream pies?
- Place the chocolate sandwich cookies in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs.
- Melt the vegan buttery spread in a bowl in the microwave, then add the cookie crumbs. Mix well with a spoon.
- Place the crust mixture into muffin cups. Press down with the back of a spoon.
- Spoon some ice cream over the crust. Smooth it out with a spoon.
- Sprinkle some cookie pieces on top. Place the muffin pan in the freezer to firm up.
What’s the best way to make cookie crumbs?
I usually just place the cookies in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to make fine crumbs. You could also use a food processor to process the cookies into fine crumbs.
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, please share on Instagram and tag me @prettybeeblog. I love to see your creations!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Mini Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Pies.
- 14 chocolate sandwich cookies use any brand that works for your dietary needs
- 2 ½ Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 2 cups non dairy ice cream I used So Delicious vanilla coconut milk ice cream
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it soften for about 20 minutes.
- Place 12 of the chocolate sandwich cookies in a ziploc bag and seal it, removing all the air. Use a rolling pin to gently crush the cookies into crumbs.
- Place the vegan buttery spread in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds until melted.
- Add the cookie crumbs to the melted vegan buttery spread and mix together.
- Place some of the cookie crust mixture into each cupcake liner, and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Spoon some ice cream on top of each crust, and smooth it out. Take the two remaining cookies and break into small pieces and sprinkle on top of the ice cream.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer so the ice cream pies can firm up. This should take about an hour. Enjoy!