These gluten free cranberry coconut chocolate chip cookies are so festive and delightful for the holiday season! These cookies are sure to be a hit at your cookie party.
I’d like to introduce you to Jackie, the talented lady behind La Casa de Sweets. She’s going to share a recipe with us today – and does it look delicious! Yum.
Hi, everyone! I’m super excited to be guest posting for Kelly during her 12 days of gluten free cookies. My family and I switched over to a gluten free lifestyle this year when we discovered my youngest daughter and I are gluten intolerant. Of course, one of the first things I was worried about was creating gluten free versions of all our favorite holiday treats.
I soon realized, being gluten free doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice anything when it comes to holiday sweets, and these cranberry coconut chocolate chip cookies prove it.
I’ve recently become a cranberry fanatic, and I know I’m not the only one! Cranberries seem to be on everyone’s holiday menus these days, so why not use fresh cranberries in cookies, too?
Ruby red fresh cranberries are absolutely gorgeous when peeking through a cookie. Add shredded coconut and chocolate chips, and you’ve got yourself a great holiday cookie! Using oat flour and a bit of cornstarch means you can make these cookies without any additives, and you can even make them vegan. Awe-some.
This holiday season, cranberries aren’t just for the dinner table.
Can you use fresh cranberries in baked goods?
Yes, you can use fresh cranberries in baked goods. They will add a pretty pop of color to your cookie. Read about how to cook and bake with cranberries here.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Cranberry Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 2 cups oat flour use gluten free oats when necessary
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter or dairy-free margarine, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chocolate chips dairy-free and gluten free when necessary
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together the butter, both sugars, milk and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly beat in the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Stir in the shredded coconut, chocolate chips and fresh cranberries.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown and the edges are set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Enjoy, and happy holidays!
Original recipe and photo created by La Casa de Sweets