These creamy, delicious no-bake peanut butter cream bars are a decadent, yet healthy dessert! Perfect for a simple summer treat.
The other day I was in the mood for a creamy dessert. But not ice cream…more like a cheesecake. And that was a real dilemma, because I don’t really do cheesecake. We generally don’t bake with dairy around here, although it seems like my oldest son is starting to tolerate it a little bit better, so maybe someday. And vegan cheesecake is generally made of cashew cream, so that’s definitely a no go for us, too!
So I put on my thinking cap, and looked in the cupboard, and saw some coconut cream. And I decided that coconut cream + peanut butter + a no-bake crust made with dates sounded pretty awesome, and these no-bake peanut butter cream bars were born. Plus I added a little chocolate drizzle on top just for good measure. :)
If you can’t do peanut butter, never fear, you can do any nut butter or seed butter that works for you. Sunbutter or pumpkin seed butter would work well here. I hope you enjoy this rich and creamy, but healthier dessert!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cream Bars.
- Line a 5x8 loaf pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the sides.
- Place the pitted dates and the oats in a food processor, and process until combined. Press this mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Place the coconut cream, peanut butter, and maple syrup in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter cream over the crust. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2-3 hours.
- Place the dairy free chocolate chips in the microwave and heat for about 60 seconds until melted.
- Remove the bars from the refrigerator, and use the edges of the parchment paper to gently remove the dessert from the pan. Place it on a flat surface, and slice into bars with a sharp knife.
- Drizzle the peanut butter bars with the melted chocolate. Enjoy! Store leftover bars in the refrigerator.
*I used the So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk for this recipe, which is like a thick coconut cream. If you can't find that brand, I would recommend Taste of Thai, which is quite thick. Alternatively, you can take a can of full fat coconut milk, place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours and then scoop out the coconut cream, leaving the liquid behind.
These no-bake peanut butter cream bars are:
- light and delicious
- gluten free, dairy free, and vegan
- the perfect summer dessert
- a healthier dessert choice