Potato and vegetable coconut curry is hearty, filling, and vegan! A warming dinner for a chilly night.
How are you handling these cold days? How are you handling these busy days?
I know that until recently, my crutch on a cold and busy holiday night was to order Indian food. But, we have been advised not to do that anymore because of my son’s cashew allergy. So, I decided that I had to have a recipe on hand for the nights when an Indian craving hit! This is a super simple recipe for potato and vegetable coconut curry, but it is very flavorful and has tons of vegetables, so it’s healthy, too!
Potato and Vegetable Coconut Curry.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables green beans, peas, carrots, corn
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 15 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder less if you want it mild
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Basmati rice for serving
- In a large pan, cook the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a few minutes. Add the can of coconut milk and all the spices and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetables, cauliflower, and the non-dairy milk. Stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve right away over Basmati rice.
This vegetable coconut curry is so good, and such an easy (and less expensive) way to get your Indian food fix!
I pretty much always keep the ingredients for this on hand because it’s so good! You can adjust the spiciness to your taste, and if you prefer different vegetables, go ahead and add them! Sometimes I’ll throw a cup of chickpeas in to add a little more protein.
What’s your quick and easy dinner that you turn to on busy nights?