This delicious Ambrosia apple crumble tart is perfect for your fall gatherings. This tart is wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream.
Disclosure: As a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network, I was asked to participate in the #iloveambrosia campaign. I was compensated for my time and gifted a dozen Ambrosia apples. As always, all opinions are my own.
I would say that apples are a staple in our house. I always have a bowl of them on the counter, and we often eat them with peanut butter as a snack. I also love to dice them up very small and put them on my oatmeal with some cinnamon sugar. When we think of pie in our house, we think of apple pie, because that’s our favorite.
Ambrosia Apple Crumble Tart.
For the crust:
- 1 cup spelt flour*
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup cold vegan buttery spread
- 3-4 Tablespoons cold water
For the filling:
- 4 Ambrosia apples peeled and thinly sliced**
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, combine the spelt flour, salt, and sugar. Add the buttery spread and mix using a pastry cutter.
- Add the cold water a little bit at a time and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Flatten the dough into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Place dough in the freezer for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a surface with wax paper and sprinkle flour on top. Flour the rolling pin as well. Roll out the dough into a 16 inch circle if you are using a 12 inch tart pan. You can adjust the size of your dough to fit the pan you have.
- Put the dough into the tart pan and press it into the sides, removing any excess. Prick the bottom all over with a fork, then bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the tart bakes, combine the Ambrosia apples with the cinnamon, ginger, and sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon and mix together. Add the vegan buttery spread and mix using a pastry cutter until the mixture becomes a crumb topping.
- Remove the crust from the oven and fill with the apples and then place the crumble on top.
- Bake the tart at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
This apple crumble tart is:
- perfect for Thanksgiving
- delicious with dairy free ice cream
- free of the top allergens