These salted chocolate chip cookie sticks are golden brown and perfectly crisp! Enjoy these with a cup of tea or cocoa. This is an easy gluten free and vegan cookie recipe that everyone loves.
There’s nothing like a classic chocolate chip cookie. It’s the perfect dessert for just about any occasion, from an after school snack to a holiday cookie party.
These salted chocolate chip cookie sticks are a fun twist on an old favorite. The cookie dough is pressed into a pan and baked, and then sliced into sticks and baked again.
The result is delicious cookie sticks with crispy, crunchy edges. These are perfect for enjoying with a cup of your favorite tea.
- vegan buttery spread
- brown sugar
- organic cane sugar
- vanilla extract
- gluten free flour
- baking soda
- dairy free chocolate chips
- coarse salt for sprinkling on top
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix up the cookie dough in a mixer.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and press the dough into the pan.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool for about one hour.
4. Slice down the middle lengthwise, then slice each half into 18 sticks. Bake again at 325 degrees for about 12 minutes.
5. Once the bars are done baking for the second time, sprinkle with coarse salt or sea salt flakes.
Watch the video below to see how to make these cookie sticks.
- If you aren’t gluten free, you can go ahead and use regular all-purpose flour.
- If you aren’t dairy free, feel free to use regular butter and chocolate chips.
- You can use a variety of chocolate chips – mini chips, chocolate chunks, or dark chocolate chips.
- You can use mashed banana or pear puree instead of applesauce if you prefer.
Store these chocolate chip cookie sticks in an airtight container. They should stay fresh for about 4 days.
More Gluten Free Vegan Cookies to Try
- Pear Oatmeal Cookies
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Sandwich Cookies
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks (Gluten Free, Vegan).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper, letting some hang over two sides of the pan.
- Place the vegan buttery spread and sugars in a mixing bowl, and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the applesauce and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix on medium speed until combined. Stop the mixer and stir in the dairy free chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, making sure it is even and goes to the edges of the pan.
- Bake at 23-26 minutes until golden brown. Cool for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lift the cookie out of the pan. With a sharp knife, slice in half lengthwise, then slice each half into 18 sticks.
- Place the sticks back on the cookie sheet, cut side down.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 12 minutes or until edges are dry. Sprinkle with coarse salt if desired.
- The cookies will crisp up a bit more as they cool. Store leftover cookies in an airtight container.