Give the gift of delicious cookies with this homemade freezer cookie dough! Who wouldn’t want a roll of slice and bake double chocolate chip cookies?
Do you remember the days when you would just buy a tube of freezer cookie dough, slice it, and have fresh cookies in minutes?
That’s the kind of convenience that you miss when you have special dietary needs or food allergies.
Not that those slice and bake cookies are as good as homemade – they definitely aren’t! But it’s kind of nice to have a roll of cookie dough in the fridge, ready to bake whenever you’re in the mood.
Since you shouldn’t have to compromise on taste or convenience, I have a recipe for double chocolate chip freezer cookie dough for you.
Whether you want to make this for yourself, or for friends and family, you’ll love these rich chocolate cookies, and you’ll especially love having the dough at the ready in your freezer.
These double chocolate chip cookies are so fudgy and delicious. And the dough holds up very nicely in the freezer. This recipe will make two tubes of freezer cookie dough, or 24 cookies.
If you decide to gift this freezer cookie dough, you can use the label I made (which includes baking instructions) – just go HERE to get as many copies as you need.
You can wrap the dough in parchment paper and tie the ends with ribbon or twine, then wrap the label around the tube of dough. If you don’t want to bother with the label, a pretty piece of wrapping paper will do the trick!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Double Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Freezer Cookie Dough.
- Place the vegan buttery spread and sugars in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and combined, about one minute.
- Add the applesauce and mix until combined.
- Stop the mixer and add the cocoa powder and half of the gluten free flour blend. Mix on low until combined. Stop the mixer and add the rest of the gluten free flour blend, salt, and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Stop the mixer and add the dairy free chocolate chips. Stir by hand.
- Take half of the dough and place it on some plastic wrap. Use your hands to form a log about 8 inches long. Wrap it up and roll around to kind of smooth it out and make it round. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- If you are gifting the cookie dough, wrap the printed label around each tube of dough and secure with tape.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the cookie dough from the freezer and slice into 12 rounds. No need to thaw the dough! Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Each roll makes 12 cookies.
Who would this gluten free freezer cookie dough be perfect for?
- friends and family
- teachers or neighbors
- someone who is new to allergy friendly baking (check with them about what their specific dietary needs are!)
If you’re looking for more food gift ideas, try this curried lentil rice soup mix in a jar.