If you’re in the mood for fall baking, try these gluten free and vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. These are tender, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk or a cup of tea.
When the urge to bake strikes, it’s nice to have a trustworthy dessert recipe to turn to. If you have food allergies, you know that it can be tricky to find a good recipe that’s safe for your allergies.
I know when fall arrives, I am immediately in the mood for pumpkin treats. That’s why these vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are on the menu for this weekend.
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are the perfect fall treat. They’re thick, chewy, full of chocolate chips, and delicious.
This is a straightforward recipe that’s perfect for those new to baking with food allergies. Gluten free flour, vegan buttery spread, and allergy friendly chocolate chips are available in most grocery and health food stores, and those are the cornerstone ingredients for delicious cookies!
- Egg Replacer – The pumpkin in these takes the place of eggs, helping to bind these together and keeping them from drying out. So you don’t need to add a traditional egg replacer – the pumpkin works just fine!
- Pumpkin – You want to use 100% pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. You don’t need the extra ingredients in pie filling for these cookies.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Feel free to use mini chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks. Some brands to check out are Enjoy Life and PASCHA Chocolate.
If you don’t like chocolate with pumpkin, you can add pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, or just enjoy these without any additions. A soft and chewy pumpkin cookie is a delicious treat even without chocolate!
Learn to make SAFE, tasty food for your family. Join my community today and start getting all my best tips, tricks, and allergy friendly recipes in your inbox.
- If you can’t have pumpkin, or don’t have any on hand, you can use butternut squash puree. You can make your own homemade pumpkin puree as well. Mashed sweet potato would be another good substitute.
- If you aren’t gluten free, feel free to use all-purpose flour or spelt flour.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- ⅔ cup vegan buttery spread
- ½ cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend I like Namaste Perfect Flour Blend, You can also use all-purpose flour if you are not gluten free.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- pinch of cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the gluten free flour blend, spices, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Put the buttery spread and the sugars in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and the pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time while mixing on low speed. Stop the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop the batter by large tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 11-13 minutes. Do not overbake. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan before moving.