Vegan banana blueberry muffins are just as delicious as bakery muffins but without the eggs and dairy!
Can you believe it’s June? I can’t! It seems like the warm weather takes forever to get here, and then once it arrives, the nice, warm, sunny months just start flying by. Oh well.
Since it’s June, that means that more and more delicious fruits and vegetables are in season, hooray! I can’t wait until there is more variety at the Farmer’s Market here, which probably won’t be until July. I’ve been pretty happy with the berry selection at the grocery store lately – we found some HUGE blueberries the other day. Is it bad that I go through the carton and pick out the biggest ones to eat rather than put them in whatever I’m baking? I can’t help it.
These vegan banana blueberry muffins are so simple, and so tasty. They are super easy to mix up, and are really moist due to the banana and the almond meal. I used whole spelt flour, but if wheat is not a problem for you, you can use whole wheat flour.
Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine spelt flour, almond meal, sugars, salt, and baking powder.
- Add mashed banana, canola oil, and non-dairy milk. Stir to combine.
- Add blueberries and stir gently. Pour batter into muffin tin - fill cups about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Makes 18 muffins.
adapted from Bakerita.
These are the perfect weekend breakfast or brunch muffin! I also think that these muffins look so good – I really want to try them!
I’m looking forward to more blueberry recipes as summer goes on. And strawberry recipes…pretty much ALL the berries! :)