What flavor do you like to pair with pumpkin? Gingerbread spice? Molasses? Or are you like me, and love the pairing of pumpkin and chocolate?
I decided that two of my very favorite desserts should merge into one, so I created this vegan chocolate pumpkin swirl loaf cake. Chocolate cake and tender pumpkin bread come together to make this beautiful loaf that’s not only delicious, but also beautiful!
This dessert is just right for fall! If you’d like to try this chocolate pumpkin swirl loaf cake with a gluten free flour, be sure to use a blend that’s a little lighter, like King Arthur or Bob’s Red Mill.
This vegan chocolate pumpkin swirl loaf cake is:
- great for a party or bake sale
- perfect for packing in lunches
- so festive for fall!
Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Loaf Cake.
For the chocolate batter:
For the pumpkin batter:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Make the chocolate batter:
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar, water, and chocolate chips and mix together. Set aside.
Make the pumpkin batter:
- Whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, pumpkin, and water, and mix together. Set aside.
Put it together:
- Spoon the batter into the pan, alternating between the pumpkin and chocolate to make a marbled pattern. For example, do chocolate, pumpkin, chocolate pumpkin, and then do another layer on top - pumpkin, chocolate, etc.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for about 30 minutes, then remove by using the parchment paper to lift the cake out.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing.