A mess always gets worse before it gets better. Does that sound right? Or do I have that backward?
I hope I have it right, because my house is in a state right now! We started to do some furniture rearranging, and that just led to a huge urge to purge and declutter, and suddenly it looks extra chaotic and crazy right now. I would show you a picture, but I don’t want you to run away screaming. ;)
So here’s a picture of cookies instead:
Ahh…that’s better. I would much rather look at piles of cookies than piles of clothes. :)
Plus, fall baking is such a good stress reliever, isn’t it? I love taking the time to bake and having the added bonus of the house smelling like cinnamon.
These cookies are the perfect fall treat. They’re thick, full of chocolate chips, and delicious. I haven’t tired of baking with pumpkin yet, have you? The pumpkin in these takes the place of eggs, helping these to hold together and keeping them from drying out.
- ⅔ cup vegan buttery spread
- ½ cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-To-1 Baking Flour) you can also use all-purpose flour if you are not gluten free
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- pinch of cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the gluten free flour blend, spices, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Put the buttery spread and the sugars in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and the pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time while mixing on low speed. Stop the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop the batter by large tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes. Do not overbake.
Has the fall nesting urge hit you yet? Any tips on how to keep the clutter down?