A stack of fluffy vegan coconut pancakes topped with mango sauce is a perfect weekend breakfast! There’s nothing better than starting the day with delicious vegan pancakes.
Sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a little rut. Maybe rut is the wrong way to put it, because it isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I’m not complaining about it. Maybe saying I get into a groove is better. Anyway, I feel like I find things I love and stick with them.
For example, I always want a piece of good dark chocolate after dinner. I always reach for my favorite books to read and re-read (Harry Potter, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn). I always buy TOMS for our family each summer. (P.S. I get them on Zulily for a super deal (affiliate link) and they’re on sale NOW!)
And I always want pancakes on Saturday morning. This is my favorite “rut” of all. I love to have a big breakfast with my family on Saturdays, and I especially love making pancakes. I’m guessing that a lot of you do, too, because my pancake recipes are some of my most popular recipes.
I’ve been having a good time experimenting with different pancake flavors recently. These are similar to my light and fluffy pancake recipe, but I added shredded coconut and made a simple mango sauce to go on top. So good!
I used champagne mangoes, but feel free to use whatever kind of mangoes are in season. These mangoes were super sweet, so I didn’t have to add sugar, but if you need to sweeten your mango sauce, add a little bit of sugar or maple syrup. If you don’t love mangoes, these coconut pancakes would also be delicious with a berry sauce.
These coconut pancakes were so delicious, and were devoured by my little gang in no time at all! I hope you get a chance to make these soon!
- 1½ cups white spelt flour (all purpose flour is also fine)
- 1¾ Tablespoons baking powder
- 1½ cups non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2½ tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 2½ tablespoons organic canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- vegan buttery spread for pan
- 4 mangoes, peeled and pits removed, then sliced
- 2 Tablespoons water
- optional: sweetener of your choice
- Place the white spelt flour, baking powder, cane sugar, salt, and unsweetened coconut flakes in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the organic coconut oil and non-dairy milk and stir well. Set aside for a few minutes until the batter puffs up.
- Place a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Once the vegan buttery spread is sizzling, spoon the batter in circles into the pan.
- Cook until the edges look done, about 3 minutes, then carefully flip the pancakes. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until pancakes are cooked through and golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- While the pancakes cook, you can make the mango sauce. Place the mango slices, water, and sweetener (if using) in a food processor and process on high speed until smooth.
- Top the finished pancakes with vegan buttery spread and the mango sauce. Enjoy!