A stack of fluffy vegan coconut pancakes topped with mango sauce is a perfect weekend breakfast! There’s nothing better than starting the day with tender pancakes and fresh, ripe mangoes.
Pancakes are such a great weekend breakfast, aren’t they? They’re delicious on their own, especially if they are my light and fluffy vegan pancakes, but they are also the perfect vehicle for so many delicious toppings!
Strawberries, chocolate chips, blueberries, whipped cream…all of these things are so delicious on pancakes. This recipe is extra special with a delicious mango puree made from super sweet mangoes.
I’ve been having fun experimenting with different pancake flavors recently, and made these vegan coconut pancakes. These are similar to my fluffy pancake recipe, but I added shredded coconut and added the mango sauce on top. These are so good!
What kind of non-dairy milk is best for pancakes?
Any non-dairy milk that works for your dietary needs will be fine in this recipe. I used unsweetened coconut milk beverage. Rice milk, oat milk, soy milk, or any other plant based milk should work just fine.
How to prevent pancakes from sticking to the pan:
- Cook the pancakes over medium heat.
- Use a good frying pan. A non-stick pan by Green Pan is great, or a stainless steel pan by Calphalon will also work well.
- Fry the pancakes in lots of vegan buttery spread.
- Don’t flip them too soon. You want them to be golden brown before attempting to flip them.
I used champagne mangoes, but feel free to use whatever kind of mangoes are in season. These mangoes were super sweet, so I didn’t have to add sugar, but if you need to sweeten your mango sauce, add a little bit of sugar or maple syrup. If you don’t love mangoes, these vegan coconut pancakes would also be delicious with a berry sauce.
These vegan coconut pancakes were so delicious, and were devoured by my family in no time at all!
More vegan pancake recipes:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Vegan Coconut Pancakes with Mango Sauce.
For the pancakes:
- 1 ½ cups white spelt flour all purpose flour is also fine
- 1 ¾ Tablespoons baking powder
- 2½ tablespoons organic cane sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cups non-dairy milk I used unsweetened coconut milk
- 2½ Tablespoons organic coconut oil melted
- 1 Tablespoon vegan buttery spread for the pan
For the sauce:
- 4 mangoes peeled and pits removed, then sliced
- 2 Tablespoons water
- sweetener of your choice optional
- Place the white spelt flour, baking powder, cane sugar, salt, and unsweetened coconut flakes in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the organic coconut oil and non-dairy milk and stir well. Set aside for a few minutes until the batter puffs up.
- Place a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Once the vegan buttery spread is sizzling, spoon the batter in circles into the pan.
- Cook until the edges look done, about 3 minutes, then carefully flip the pancakes. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until pancakes are cooked through and golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- While the pancakes cook, you can make the mango sauce. Place the mango slices, water, and sweetener (if using) in a food processor and process on high speed until smooth.
- Top the finished pancakes with vegan buttery spread and the mango sauce. Enjoy!