Everyone loves cookie dough, and you can enjoy it anytime with these little cookie dough bites. These nut free, vegan chocolate chip cookie dough bites are deliciously addictive and perfectly poppable!
Some days you just need some cookie dough, am I right?
Remember the good old days when your mom would make chocolate chip cookies and you would lick the beaters and sneak spoonfuls of the batter because it was so good? And then if you are like me maybe you grew up and started thinking salmonella wasn’t such a fun idea and just kind of stopped that little habit.
This recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookie dough bites is just the thing to satisfy your cookie dough craving.
It really only takes a few ingredients to make these no-bake cookie dough bites. Some flour, vegan buttery spread, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Mix up the dough, roll into balls, and there you have it! A perfect sweet treat.
Is it safe to eat unbaked cookie dough?
Now, just a note about food safety. Even though this cookie dough is egg free, there is a bit of a risk from uncooked flour.
Raw flour can be contaminated with bacteria like E. coli. The best thing to do is to heat the flour, either in the microwave or in the oven. You can read more about raw flour and food safety here.
For this recipe, I spread the flour on a cookie sheet and baked it for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Easy! Then you just let it cool before adding it to the dough.
Can I use gluten free flour to make these?
Yes, you could certainly make these cookie dough bites gluten free – just be sure to use a gluten free flour that has a flavor you enjoy. You will still need to toast the flour in the oven.
One reader mentioned that she was able to make these bites with coconut flour, so that’s another option.
I have a recipe for gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough bites that uses oat flour, and those are also delicious.
Not dairy free? Use regular butter and chocolate chips. They will taste wonderful either way!
I store these in the freezer so that I’m not tempted to eat them all at once. They keep very well frozen – just let them thaw before eating.
These vegan chocolate chip cookie dough bites are:
- dairy free, egg free, and allergy friendly
- easily stored in the freezer
- made from common pantry ingredients
- perfect for making a batch of vegan cookie dough ice cream
If you love no bake desserts, give these gluten free vegan brownie bites a try.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make this vegan treat!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the flour on the cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Put the vegan buttery spread, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, and water into a mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the cooled white spelt flour and salt and beat until well combined.
- Turn the mixer off and stir in the dairy free chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls and place onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator or freezer for about an hour before eating.
- These can be stored in the refrigerator for five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
This post was originally published in 2015. It has been updated.
Follow my Chocolate Pinterest board for even more dessert inspiration!