These little brownie batter bites are so delicious! Enjoy the taste of brownies in an easy, no-bake treat. Make a batch of these gluten free, vegan chocolate treats to pack in lunches or to enjoy as a quick snack.
“You know what? I think that I like cookie and brownie batter more than I like cookies and brownies!”
That’s what my younger son said this week after eating a couple of these brownie batter bites. Who doesn’t love cookie dough or cake batter?
I know that there are different opinions on whether or not it’s okay to eat raw batter. Some people are worried about the raw eggs, and some people are worried about the raw all purpose flour. There’s a chance that either of those things could contain harmful bacteria.
The good news is, these brownie batter bites don’t contain any of those ingredients! No need to be worried about the safety of this batter. You can just make a batch of these and enjoy!
- Oat Flour – Oat flour is a great choice here because it is safe to eat raw. If you are gluten free, be sure to find certified gluten free oat flour, or make your own oat flour. I think most flours would work out okay in this recipe. If you prefer to use all purpose flour, you should heat it in the oven first in order to kill any harmful bacteria.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – We like Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Spread. If you have a different vegan butter that you prefer, that would probably be fine. If you aren’t dairy free, go ahead and use regular butter.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – We like Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, but feel free to use any brand that works for your dietary needs.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips work well in this recipe. You could also try their white chocolate chips for a fun change!
Step by Step Instructions
- Simply place all the ingredients in the food processor, and process until smooth.
- Take a spoonful of batter and roll it into a ball. Place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Try adding any of these ingredients to these bites:
- ground flax seed
- pumpkin seeds
- any nut or seed butter you like
- sprinkles on the outside
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Brownie Batter Bites (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Place all ingredients in the food processor except for the chocolate chips.
- Process on high speed until the batter comes together. It should be a thick, pliable consistency.
- Stop the food processor and add the chocolate chips. Process again for a few seconds just to blend them in.
- Take spoonfuls of the batter and use your hands to roll into a ball. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Eat right away, or chill in the refrigerator to get a firmer consistency.