These gluten free cookie dough bites are so simple to make, and even easier to eat! Keep them in the freezer for a chilly treat that’s so delicious!
Is there ever a wrong time for chocolate chip cookies?
Since chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favorite, I would tend to say no. But when you’re in the middle of a heat wave, you may not want to turn on the oven at all.
Don’t worry, there’s still a way to satisfy that cookie craving – these gluten free cookie dough bites.
These little bites are so easy to make – just a few simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now! And bonus, these are gluten free, vegan, and free of the top 8 allergens.
How do you make edible gluten free cookie dough?
It takes just a few ingredients – gluten free oat flour, brown sugar, vanilla extract, vegan buttery spread, and salt.
You’ll combine these ingredients in the food processor, and blend until they form a dough. Then add some chocolate chips to the dough, and stir by hand.
Using your hands, roll the dough into balls and then refrigerate until firm.
That’s all there is to it! Store the finished cookie dough bites in the refrigerator or freezer, and enjoy!
Is it safe to eat raw cookie dough?
People often think that uncooked eggs are what makes raw cookie dough unsafe. That’s partially true, although you can get pasteurized eggs, and that would solve that problem.
The issue is actually the flour! There is a risk to eating uncooked flour – it can contain harmful bacteria like E. coli. Cooking the flour in the oven for a few minutes will kill any bacteria. You can read more about that here.
This recipe uses oat flour that you make yourself from gluten free oats, so you don’t have to worry about bacteria. It’s the same as if you were making no-bake granola bars with oats – delicious and safe to eat!
If you make these treats, please share on Instagram and tag me @prettybeeblog! I love to see what you’re making!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bites.
- Put the vegan buttery spread, brown sugar, oat flour, salt, and vanilla extract into food processor and process until well blended.
- Turn off the food processor and stir in the dairy free chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to roll the cookie dough into one inch balls and place onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie dough bites into the refrigerator or freezer to chill for about one hour.
- These cookie dough bites can be stored in the refrigerator for five days or in the freezer for up to three months. If you are eating them directly from the freezer, let them thaw for a minute so you don't hurt your teeth!
You can make these for a gluten free cookie dough to use in this vegan cookie dough ice cream, a rich and decadent summer dessert!