These chocolate chip cookie mini muffins are a fun snack to pack in a school lunch! These little treats are soft and delicious, and loaded with chocolate chips. This is a sweet treat that’s gluten free and vegan.
When the opportunity arises to bake something, more often than not, my sons request something chocolatey. If they could put chocolate chips in everything, I think they would!
These little treats are a cross between a chocolate chip cookie and a muffin. They’re a fun dessert, and you could even top these with some chocolate frosting or a little scoop of ice cream if you wanted to. These are versatile – they’re perfect for a brunch or breakfast party, or you can dress them up for a birthday celebration.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – Namaste Perfect Flour Blend works well in this recipe. If you have a different gluten free blend you like, that will probably be fine. If you aren’t gluten free, feel free to use regular all-purpose flour.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – I use Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread. You can also use coconut oil if you like. If you aren’t dairy free, you can definitely make these with regular butter.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Both Enjoy Life and PASCHA brands make dairy free, allergy friendly chocolate chips. Either brand works well in this recipe.
- Unsweetened Applesauce – Applesauce works well as an egg replacer. If you can’t have apples, mashed banana or pumpkin puree will also work well.
These muffins have the taste of cookies with a cakey, muffin-like texture. They’re delicious warm from the oven, or you can save them in an airtight container and enjoy them for a few days.
- If you have mini muffin paper liners, those can help prevent sticking.
- Even with a non-stick muffin pan, if you aren’t using paper liners, I recommend greasing the pan with vegan buttery spread. Sometimes gluten free baked goods stick to the pan.
- To release the muffins, allow them to cool for about 10 minutes, then turn the pan over a clean surface and tap firmly on the bottom of the pan. The muffins should just fall out.
You can freeze these if you aren’t going to eat them right away. Just be sure to use a good freezer bag and remove all the air from the bag before storing these in the freezer.
More Gluten Free Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mini Muffins (Gluten Free, Vegan).
- ⅔ cup vegan buttery spread
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend You can use all-purpose flour if you prefer
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin that can hold 18 muffins.
- Place the vegan buttery spread, sugars, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the applesauce and non-dairy milk and mix to combine.
- Add the gluten free flour blend, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix on low speed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Stop the mixer and stir in the dairy free mini chocolate chips. Scoop the dough into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then invert the pan over a clean surface and tap the bottom to remove the muffins.
- Makes about 18 muffins.
For more delicious allergy friendly recipes your whole family will love, grab my ebook, Allergy Free and Delicious.