Chewy, chocolatey, and good for you, these chocolate truffle energy bites are a delicious grain free snack! Make these for a quick and easy treat to pack in lunches!
These are so easy to make, and perfect for a quick snack or even a breakfast on the go. If you’re new to energy bites or balls, they’re made with simple, wholesome ingredients like oats, coconut, chocolate, and seeds.
It takes just a few minutes to make these no-bake sweet treats.
This recipe is a cross between a chocolate truffle and an energy bite. It’s chocolatey and delicious, but also full of fiber from the prunes, coconut, and oats.
The dried plums provide natural sweetness and help these truffles stick together. These remind me of Lara Bars, but in the shape of a ball. This is a chewy, filling treat.
- certified gluten free oats
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- cocoa powder
- maple syrup
- dairy free chocolate chips
- You can use dates or dried cherries instead of prunes if you like.
- You can leave out the coconut if you need to. Use sunflower seeds or more oats instead.
- Any liquid sweetener should work well. You can use honey or agave syrup if you like.
- If you wanted to make these grain free, just use more coconut flakes and leave out the oats.
Step by Step Instructions
- Put the certified gluten free oats and coconut flakes in the food processor, and pulse until they are finely ground.
2. Add the prunes, cocoa powder, maple syrup, sunbutter, and chocolate chips.
3. Pulse until the ingredients come together. It will be a thick dough. If it seems too dry, add a little more sunbutter or maple syrup.
4. Roll the dough into balls. Coat with cocoa powder or coconut flakes if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Watch the video below to see how to make these chocolate energy balls.
Store these in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They should stay fresh for about a week.
You should be able to freeze these if you like! Store in a freezer bag or freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
More Energy Bites to Try
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Truffle Energy Bites.
- Pulse the coconut flakes and certified gluten free oats in the food processor until they are finely ground.
- Add the prunes, maple syrup, cocoa powder, sunbutter, and chocolate chips and process until the mixture comes together – it will be very thick.
- Place some cocoa powder and some more coconut flakes into two separate small bowls.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Roll the mixture into balls that are about one inch in diameter. Roll each ball in either the cocoa powder or coconut flakes, or leave it plain.
- Place the balls on the lined cookie sheet. Let them chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before eating.
- Store energy bites in the refrigerator in an airtight container.