These dairy free easy chocolate ice cream bites are the perfect no-bake treat for summer!
How was your weekend? How was Easter? We had a nice Easter, but to be honest, I am so totally wiped out today, so this will be a quick post. I played for Good Friday service, which was very nice, and then on Saturday I played for Il Divo down at the Fox Theater. It was a fun show, but a very long day! And then Easter was yesterday, and that involved making food to take to my sister’s house for Easter dinner, and we did an Easter egg hunt in our yard. Lots of fun, but I am not used to such jam packed weekends! I’m going to need a nap later. ;)
So, can you even look at sweets today? Too soon after all that Easter candy?
Well, this is a super easy dessert that I whipped up yesterday to take over to my sister’s house. These chocolate ice cream bites can be made very easily when you have last minute guests, and you can customize it however you want. Use dairy free ice cream, or dairy ice cream, or sorbet. If you don’t like coconut or sprinkles, use nuts or chocolate chips or cocoa powder.
Easy Chocolate Ice Cream Bites.
- 1 pint dairy free ice cream I used SO Delicious Chocolate Ice Cream made with Coconut Milk
- mini chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Set the ice cream out so it softens up a little bit.
- Put your toppings in small bowls.
- With a tablespoon measure, scoop out a ball of ice cream. Place it in a bowl with a topping and roll until the ice cream is completely covered.
- Place the covered ice cream ball on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining ice cream and toppings.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer and freeze until firm, about an hour.
And these little chocolate ice cream bites are being displayed in a bowl that I have that used to be my Grandma’s. This pretty pink bowl is one of my very favorites. I usually use it for candy if we have a party, but I thought these little ice cream bites would look pretty sitting inside.