It’s easy to make flavored garlic butter with a few added ingredients. This dairy free butter spread is wonderful on rolls or biscuits. Take a few minutes to make this spread and serve it at your next holiday meal.
A simple flavored butter can really elevate a regular piece of toast or a dinner roll. Whether it’s sweet, like strawberry spread or blueberry butter, or savory, like this garlic onion butter, a burst of flavor and color can really add something special to bread or toast.
I love to make flavored butters, especially for holiday dinners or parties. They’re so easy to make and make any meal feel special.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – You can use any brand of vegan butter spread that works for your dietary needs. We use Earth Balance Spread in our family. If you aren’t dairy free, feel free to use regular butter in an equal amount.
- Onion and Garlic – If you can’t have onion or garlic, you could substitute some fresh herbs instead. Try basil, rosemary, or chives.
I prefer to make this in a mini food processor, but you could also use a blender. If you don’t want to do that, you could even mix this together by hand. Just make sure to soften the buttery spread and use enough elbow grease to mix it thoroughly.
Store leftover onion garlic butter in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for 2-3 days.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Green Onion Garlic Butter (Dairy Free).
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread use regular butter if you are not vegan, softened
- 1 green onion white and green parts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender.
- Pulse until combined.
- Spread on your favorite bread, crackers. or rolls.