Celebrate your next special occasion with this giant chocolate chip cookie! It’s easy to make, fun to eat, and allergy friendly, too. You can slice this like a cake, and serve it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream for a festive treat!
Sometimes you have big plans for a birthday party – a fancy cake, perfectly decorated, and with the theme that your child has chosen.
But then real life happens, and you have extra errands to do, or you try to decorate the cake, but it’s too crumbly, and things just don’t go as planned.
That’s the time to say, let’s keep it simple and make a giant chocolate chip cookie for dessert instead.
If you can make gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookies, then you can make this giant version. It’s so easy to make, and so fun to eat! It’s like a big cookie pizza. Just slice it up and serve with your favorite ice cream.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – I used Namaste Perfect Flour Blend, and it held together very well! You can find it at Costco, most health food stores, and on Amazon. Other brands will also work. If your dough seems crumbly, just add a little more applesauce. Different gluten free flour blends absorb liquid differently, so you may have to adjust if you use a different brand.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – We like Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Spread (the kind that comes in the tub). You could also use the baking sticks.
- Applesauce – Unsweetened apple sauce is an egg replacer that helps bind the cookie dough together. You could use mashed banana instead if you can’t have apples.
- Allergy Friendly Candy Coated Chocolate – I used Chocolate No-No’s, which are nut free, dairy free, and allergy friendly. You can order them on Amazon, and occasionally I will see them in stores as well. If you can’t find these, you could just add more chocolate chips or even some fun sprinkles!
- You can use regular all purpose flour if you are not gluten free.
- You can use regular butter if you don’t have a dairy allergy.
- Feel free to be creative with the toppings. Dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chopped up chocolate bars, sprinkles, you name it! Use whatever candy you prefer to make this your own.
Step by Step Instructions
- Make the cookie dough.
- Press into a 12 inch pizza pan. Use your hands to flatten it out.
- Add some candy coated chocolate to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
You will need a flat pan to make this cookie. You can make this in a 12 inch round pizza pan. If you want to make a square, that would also work. I recommend using parchment paper so that the cookie doesn’t stick to the pan.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie (Gluten Free, Vegan).
- ⅔ cup vegan buttery spread
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ⅛ cups gluten free flour blend I used Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups dairy free mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup candy coated chocolate I used Chocolate No-No’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 inch pizza pan with parchment paper. (You don't have to do this, but it will ensure that nothing sticks to the pan!)
- Cream the buttery spread and sugars in a large bowl. Add the unsweetened applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and continue to mix until combined.
- Add the gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the dairy free mini chocolate chips.
- Place the dough on the pizza pan and use your hands to flatten it out into a large circle. Place some Chocolate No-No’s around the surface of the cookie. Press them in gently
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 23-25 minutes minutes. Allow the cookie to cool on the pan. Slice and serve with ice cream if desired.