Enjoy a taste of fall with these dairy free, gluten free pumpkin muffins. These tender muffins are so simple to make, and full of wonderful autumn flavor!
Does anything say autumn like pumpkin muffins? Do you walk by bakeries and stores and long for all the pumpkin spice goodies at this time of year?
If so, I feel you! It’s hard to feel like you are missing out because you can’t eat gluten or dairy or nuts. The good news is gluten free pumpkin muffins are pretty easy to make, and they are super tasty.
This recipe is easily made in just one bowl, with simple ingredients. I use my own gluten free flour mix, and these turn out very light and fluffy.
Can you make pumpkin muffins with fresh pumpkin?
Yes, this recipe will work if you use fresh baked pumpkin. You can read about how to do that here.
Can you freeze pumpkin muffins?
Yes, these can go in the freezer – just store them in a ziploc freezer bag. They should keep for about two months.
Can these gluten free pumpkin muffins be made with oat flour?
Yes, you can make these with oat flour, but the texture will be a bit more dense. You could also try using 50% oat flour, 50% gluten free flour. That would probably result in a better texture.
How to make gluten free pumpkin muffins:
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup organic canola oil or melted vegan buttery spread
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar for dusting on top
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the canola oil and sugars. Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla extract, mixing on medium speed until combined.
- Add the gluten free flour blend, spices, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan.
- When serving warm, slice open and top with dairy free butter if desired.
If you’re looking for an egg free pumpkin muffin recipe, try these allergy friendly chocolate chip pumpkin muffins.
This post was originally published in September 2010. It has been updated with more tips and new photos.
Craving more pumpkin? Check out these 45 Gluten Free Pumpkin Desserts.