Gluten free pumpkin pecan muffins are a delicious muffin to bake this fall! Nicely spiced and wonderful to enjoy as a snack or breakfast!
Oh, these gluten free pumpkin pecan muffins.
They make me happy and sad. Happy because they were amazingly delicious and moist, and sad because on Tuesday I fed Baby Bee one of these and that’s how we found out he is allergic to cashews. :(
It was awful, actually. He ate several bites, declared that they were “awful,” which was bizarre, because he looooooves baked goods, and they were not awful, they were awesome, and then started to sneeze. He sneezed and sneezed, and his nose started to run. At that point, I thought maybe he was coming down with a cold. But then he started crying, and rubbing his eye, which was bright red, and then I noticed the hives coming out on his face. And I started to panic, and realized he was reacting to the cashew flour in these muffins. So I grabbed the Benadryl and the Epi-Pen, and called the allergist, who said to go ahead to give him the Benadryl and watch him carefully.
He also got hives all over his belly and legs, poor guy. Thankfully he did not have any issues breathing, and I didn’t have to administer the Epi-Pen. I now have to take him back in for more testing, as he never tested positive for anything but an egg allergy before.
So, these gluten free pumpkin pecan muffins were packed up and sent right over to my parents, and the cashew flour was sent to my friend’s house. It was a pretty scary situation! I also totally scrubbed my kitchen down.
If you are not allergic to cashews, then please make these muffins! The cashew flour made them super moist and light, and the pecans and chocolate chips make them a wonderful breakfast or dessert.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pecan Muffins with Chocolate Chips.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free flour blend I used Trader Joe's blend this time
- ¾ cups cashew flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅓ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- ½ cup organic canola oil
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar coconut sugar is also okay, but they will be darker
- 1 ½ Tablespoons golden ground flax seed meal
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, canola oil, pumpkin puree, water, flax seed meal, and vanilla extract.
- Add the gluten free flour blend, cashew flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Gluten free pumpkin pecan muffins are:
- great for a make-ahead breakfast
- perfect for an after-school snack
- delicious at any time!
If you don’t want to use cashew flour, almond flour would work as well! That’s what I’ll be doing the next time I make these. :)
Do you have a cashew or other nut allergy in your family?
This post is part of my series: 31 Days of Gluten, Dairy, and Egg Free Soups, Salads, Sides & Sweets