A fresh taste for summer – this grilled shrimp with pineapple chimichurri is sure to hit the spot! Gluten free and grain free, too!
Oh man, aren’t you just loving summer cooking and grilling right now? Everything is so fresh and colorful and hopefully easy to make. Like these shrimp skewers:
Now, I ‘m not a big seafood person. I love salmon, and occasionally I will eat some shrimp, but that’s about it. I’m the opposite of Darryl, who is a huge seafood person. He would definitely cook a lot more of it if I’d let him, but since I feel like cooking seafood in the house makes it smell like a dock in here, he sticks to ordering crab and scallops and lobster at restaurants.
I can deal with shrimp, though, and I love to make shrimp skewers and grill them. They cook so quickly and with a simple sauce they make a really delicious and summery meal.
This grilled shrimp with pineapple chimichurri is:
- quick and easy to make
- colorful and flavorful
- a healthy dinner choice
- gluten free and grain free
- perfect for a summer dinner party
Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Chimichurri.
- 2 pounds large shrimp shelled and deveined
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup pineapple finely chopped
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch or two red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread or regular butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- rice for serving
- Make the chimichurri: Place the cilantro leaves, canola oil, salt, pepper, and lime juice in the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Put into a bowl and add pineapple and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat your grill to medium high. Place the shrimp on skewers, and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until pink and opaque.
- Place on a serving tray and brush withe melted vegan buttery spread and season with salt and pepper. Serve shrimp over rice with chimichurri sauce.
Chimichurri adapted from this recipe.
What easy summer meals have you been making lately?