These pretty no bake chocolate raspberry pies require just a few ingredients and are gluten free and allergen free! This is a perfect last minute dessert to make during the hectic holiday season.
I love holiday baking. Even though there are many ingredients that we don’t use, I still love to bake during the holiday season. But sometimes you just don’t have time for lots of baking. There are so many things going on during this hectic season.
Maybe there isn’t time for chilling cookie dough, rolling it out, cutting out shapes, and then baking cookies. Should you be deprived of fun, allergy friendly, holiday desserts? I think not!
Friends who are pulled in too many directions this month, this recipe is for you. You can whip up these little chocolate raspberry pies in about 20 minutes, with just 5 or so minutes of active time. I think you could even make the base and freeze it, and then once you thaw it, you could add the melted chocolate and raspberries.
I haven’t tried that, because these are so quick to make anyway, but if you are really pressed for time, that may be a good thing to try.
What can I use instead of raspberries on top of these chocolate tarts?
Try chopped strawberries, dried fruits, or pumpkin seeds instead of raspberries if you prefer!
Can I use a different type of cookie for the cookie crust?
Sure! You can use any type of cookie that works for your dietary needs. There are allergy friendly sugar cookies, gluten free graham crackers, and more options you could try.
The base of these chocolate raspberry pies is a simple crust made with cookie crumbs and vegan buttery spread. To keep these allergy friendly, I used Enjoy Life Crunchy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. You can use any cookie that you like – chocolate sandwich cookies would also work very well. Give those cookies a whirl in the food processor with the buttery spread, and press the crumbs into cupcake liners. Top with melted allergy friendly chocolate and fresh raspberries, and pop them into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
When they come out, give them a quick dusting of powdered sugar. It reminds me of snow! Perfect for the holidays.
If you want to leave the berries off of these tarts, another options would be to top them with a dollop of allergy friendly whipped cream.
That’s all there is to it! A quick and easy dessert for you to enjoy this season. No fuss, no stress, just chocolate and raspberries. And a cookie crust. Does it get any better than that?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
No Bake Mini Chocolate Raspberry Pies.
- 12 Enjoy Life Crunchy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 36 raspberries
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Place the double chocolate chip cookies in a food processor and pulse until they become fine crumbs. Add the vegan buttery spread and pulse until the mixture holds together.
- Line a muffin tin with parchment cupcake liners. Press the cookie crumb mixture into each liner.
- Put the dairy free chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Stir, then microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Spoon some chocolate into each cupcake liner. Press three berries into the chocolate.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
You can make these ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. They should keep for about 3 days. If you are making them more than one day in advance, you may want to wait to add the melted chocolate and berries until right before serving.
This post was originally published in February 2016.
Follow my Gluten Free Desserts board on Pinterest for even more inspiration!