These pumpkin oatmeal cookies are full of warm autumn flavor and are topped with a sweet white chocolate glaze.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by PASCHA Chocolate. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Is there a special dessert or recipe that sticks out in your mind as something you could only enjoy before you had food allergies?
Once upon a time, many years ago, before food allergies entered my life, there was a certain cookie that I liked very much. It was from Mrs. Field’s, and it was only available in the fall. A pumpkin spice cookie with white chocolate and pecans. Oh my goodness…it was so good.
And every year fall rolls around, and I think about that cookie, and sadly, I’ve never tried to make it. Mostly because I’ve never heard of a dairy free, nut free, allergy friendly white chocolate. So when PASCHA Chocolate contacted me and told me about their new rice milk white chocolate baking chips, I was so excited! We love PASCHA Chocolate at our house, and I couldn’t wait to try their white chocolate.
Of course the most important thing to me when I choose baking ingredients is safety. I trust PASCHA Chocolate and their commitment to producing excellent, safe, allergen free chocolate.
The flavor of these baking chips is so nice – just the right amount of sweetness with a good vanilla flavor. I chose to melt the chips and use them as a glaze for these cookies. The white chocolate chips melted quickly and easily, and had a very smooth texture that was perfect for drizzling. PASCHA also has a milk chocolate version of these rice milk chips, too. If you wanted to be really fancy, you could drizzle both types on these cookies.
These pumpkin oatmeal cookies are based on that old favorite fall cookie of mine. They’re nut free, of course, but I included pumpkin seeds to give them a little crunch. They’re lightly spiced, full of oats, and generously drizzled with white chocolate. This is a perfect allergy friendly cookie to enjoy this fall!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Glaze.
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery spread
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons applesauce
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend or all purpose flour if you are not gluten free
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups certified gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup PASCHA white chocolate baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the applesauce and vanilla and continue to mix. Add the pumpkin puree and mix again.
- Add the gluten free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stop the mixer and stir in the oats and pumpkin seeds.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for one hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough into balls about one inch in diameter and place on the cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly with your hand.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet before moving them to a plate or cooling rack.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds, then stir. If not fully melted, microwave for 10 more seconds. Drizzle the melted white chocolate chips over the cookies.
- Makes about 24 cookies.