Roasted peaches topped with toasted coconut and vanilla ice cream make an easy and elegant summer dessert.
This is the simplest of simple desserts.
Also known as the most delicious simple dessert.
Isn’t that what’s needed on these late summer days? Simple, delicious food that uses what’s fresh and locally available? Those are the kind of recipes that we have been eating lately.
And peaches are one of our favorite fruits these days. We stock up on them each week at the Farmer’s Market…oh man, Michigan has the best peaches. We’ve been eating them like crazy plain, and then I decided I wanted to make a dessert with them.
Being too lazy to make a crisp or a pie, I decided I would try baking them. Wow…I can’t believe I’ve lived this long without baking peaches. They are so delicious! It’s like eating a peach pie but without the crust.
Once you bake the peaches with a little sugar and vegan buttery spread, you can either eat them plain or top them with ice cream and toasted coconut. I of course would recommend going for the ice cream and coconut, because, come on, it’s summer! Time to live a little. :)
These roasted peaches are:
- an easy summer dessert
- perfect for an individual dessert
- delicious topped with your favorite ice cream
- naturally grain and gluten free
Roasted Peaches with Toasted Coconut.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the coconut flakes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until fragrant and lightly golden, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Set the oven to 375 degrees. Place the peach halves in a glass baking dish and place a teaspoon of vegan buttery spread and a teaspoon of sugar in the middle of each half.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the peaches are tender.
- Let cool somewhat, then top each peach half with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut.
Have you roasted peaches before? What summer treats are you eating lately?