A sweet, delicious blueberry peach crisp is the perfect summer dessert! This version is gluten free and vegan, and it’s just right when topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I think that of all the summer fruits, peaches are my favorite.
But it seems like the peach season is so short here in Michigan! So we buy, buy, buy them from the farmer’s market while we can. They are delicious when eaten plain, of course, but they are so wonderful in a dessert like this blueberry peach crisp.
Blueberry peach crisp is impossible to resist – warm or cold, it is a fabulous dessert. If you don’t have blueberries, just leave them out, a plain peach crisp is scrumptious, too. Or you can add a different type of berry – we also love to do a peach and blackberry crisp.
Fruit crisps are a wonderful dessert for those of us who have food allergies or intolerances. If you’re looking for a variety of recipes, try apple crisp, cranberry crisp, or even this easy microwave cherry crisp.
Simple recipes like these are so adaptable, so it’s easy to make a fruit crisp that’s gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and vegan.
- Certified Gluten Free Oats – If you are gluten free, be sure to use certified gluten free oats to avoid cross contamination. Just read the label when you purchase your oats – there are many brands to choose from. Our favorite brand is GF Harvest – we purchase this brand on Amazon.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – We like Namaste Perfect Flour Blend for this recipe. you can probably use any gluten free blend that works for you. Even oat flour could work well in this recipe.
- Fruit – Fresh fruit is a great choice, but frozen peaches and berries would also work well in this recipe.
- Sugar – This time I used coconut sugar for a slightly more natural option. You could also use regular sugar, brown sugar, or even date sugar.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the vegan buttery spread, sugar, certified gluten free oats, gluten free flour, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mix with a pastry blender or fork until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Place the blueberries and peaches in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top the fruit with the oat crumble.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
You can bake this blueberry peach crisp and then freeze it for later use. Be sure to allow it to cool fully before freezing it. It should keep well in the freezer for about 3 months.
To reheat, just bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
Learn to make SAFE, tasty food for your family. Join my community today and start getting all my best tips, tricks, and allergy friendly recipes in your inbox.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Blueberry Peach Crisp (Gluten Free and Vegan).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add your buttery spread and cut in with a pastry blender or fork until combined (it will be lumpy with little balls of butter).
- Place the blueberries and diced peaches in a 9×13 ceramic baking dish. Spread the crumb topping over the fruit.
- Place the dish in the oven uncovered, and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm, plain or with dairy free vanilla ice cream. Also good for breakfast the next day!
Adapted from Desperation Entertaining.